Thursday, June 4, 2009

the AMAZING power of prayer

it'll never cease to amaze me how amazing and versitile prayer is. here's just a little testimony builder story...

today when i got to my 4th hour class my teacher decided that he was going to be nice and instead of giving us a test, he let us watch a movie. well i wasn't paying attention to the film at first because i was talking, but once everyone settled down i realized that the movie had to be rated R because it had a lot of profanity. well i didn't want to make a scene and i knew we weren't being tested on it or anything so i got my MP3 player out so that i could just not watch the movie. well when i looked at the screen i realized that i had forgotten to charge my MP3 player last night :O oh no! there was like a very minute green part of the battery left showing and i knew that meant taht it would last about 10 minutes and we had 30 minutes left of the class. well i said a little tiny prayer in my head about not wanting to have to watch the movie but that i didn't want to have to embarass myself and inturrupt the class just to inform everyone that i dont watch R movies.

i sat and stared at my back pack listening to the Red Hot Chili Peppers because i was afraid to change the song because i thought it might use more battery up. well totally miraculously i looked at the clock and noticed that it was time to go. the bell rang, and as soon as i stepped out of the classroom my music went of. i took my MP3 player out of my pocket and it was dead.

heavenly father loves me, just the same as he loves anyone else. i'm so incredibly grateful to know the things i know and have the standards i have

1 comments:

Heather K said...

That is a really cool story. I know prayer works too and it is those little silly, but amazing things that have built my testimony so that is good you wrote it down so you can be reminded someday when you need it.

Post a Comment