Friday, July 2, 2010

MAY!!!!!!!

so the end of this year was pretty crazy. i had to rest for a whole month to have to strength to write about it; that's how exhausted i was ;) well first was my theatre show. here's a couple of cute girls before the show started opening night! it was super fun and i learned A TON! i really liked working with the kids and cried in young womens one day when i talked about using it for a project. i made some really lasting memories. next came the end of the year choir performance. things were crazy and there were some rough feelings being tossed around. because of that i kinda feel like i got jipped. i didn't even cry afterwards even though i knew it would be my last show with the group. but that night wasn't really about me. and i'm glad it wasn't cuz uh there were some issues. anyways....it was still fun and i still danced as hard as i could. i actually stepped on a hair straightener right before so i had to put on my character shoes with a huge blister on my foot. it sucked, but i got through it. lol.

this picture is me and kylee brubaker and rachael larson. they're 2 of my bestest friends! then came senior trip. the theme parks were super fun (and exhausting)!!!! i love roller coasters so i did just about everything there was to do at 6 flags and knotts. my favorite part BY FAR was medieval times though. it really was incredible. between the acting and animal training and FOOD it was really my kind of show. super cool. definately wanna go back
this is me and jessica mayberry (she's living with me at EAC) and the red knight! our guy won, which made it even more exciting!


the whole 12 of us who went on senior trip outside of medieval times



uh and this one is self explainitory! :)






then came graduation. the ceremony was good. some really weird crap happened and our musical number kind of got uh messed up, but whatever.





me and brady and sam. i didn't walk with them, but we're friends


me speaking. with our HUGE class behind me. lol i was salutitorian and talked about perserverence. i got like $2250 cash scholarship plus the full 2 years at EAC ($3000 value)
i didn't do bad, but i wish i had applied for more and not been such a stink about college





me and my bestest friend kylee. she definately made this year fun for me. i'm gonna miss her when i leave.


and camille made my cap. i was stressin out cuz i decorated then went to weston's graduation and was freakin out about my speech and my hair and crap in between the graduations. cam asked me what i wanted and i said spongebob. she was like "that's it?" and i said yeah, so she went crazy and made him 3D and out of real sponges!!!!! i liked mine the best


the best thing about graduation however happened the weekend before senior trip. i had the opportunity to sing and dance for our prophet! the Temple Cultural Celebration was INCREDIBLE!!!!! i don't even know how to explain what kind of experience it was to be totally stressed and running around for 2 days rehearsing and then having the prophet there and the spirit of calm that made the performance happen. i witnessed miracles while preparing for the celebration and it was easily top 3 experiences of my whole life. it could even be number 1. idk.


this is just a bunch of kids from our stake 2 hours before show time. all the people in the back is the line to get in. everyone was in their seats about an hour before the prophet showed up. it was really an incredible experience.

the next day was the dedication and i bawled the whole time. we watched the noon session and even just in a stake center you could feel the prophets presence and the spirit of the temple. it really reaffirmed my testimony of temple and that they are the only place worth getting married in. the amount of effort and service that went in to our temple was incredible. everyone wanted to help and everyone was happy about it. it wasn't one of those service projects that you just help with cuz you know your supposed to. it was a service project where the heavens opened and the blessing were almost immediate. the temple closer has changed so many lives including mine.

that week before graduation i still didn't know what i was doing after high school or where i was going. being around people who have the same standards as me and feeling the support that was there made me really hope that i would have good friends where ever i ended up. well i had been fasting and praying about what to do and where to go and feeling the sacrifice that people gave to have a temple so close made me want to do the same. choosing to go to EAC wasnt really a sacrifice at all. more of a blessing, but i guess it hurt my pride a little. i knew that i NEEDED to be where i could feel that support from people with the same standards and where i could visit the temple often, even just for baptisms.

the church is true and heavenly father does answer prayers. i know i will be where he wants me next year and there won't be any more questions asked. he loves me and would never want me to be somewhere where i'd be unhappy.

1 comments:

Heather K said...

Wow you were busy! Amazing times too and some of my favorite times! Some of the biggest decisions ever you are making now! So way to pray! Love you!

Post a Comment