Friday, January 25, 2013

Grounded Flight

I'm at work and have had a long boring day. I found myself facebooking and decided to do something at least a little more productive (still not work related though, my bad :)
So I decided to write a poem. I started trying with a different format than I usually go for. It didn't work out so well. So I gave it one stanza in my regular form and VOILA! the magic happened and a poem came out that was totally unrelated to the original poem I started.
I have been thinking about how I live my life by logic and my thoughts are pretty structured. I guess this concept has been weighing on my mind a little heavier than i thought! here it goes

Grounded Flight

What happens when your force it?
It just comes out all wrong.
So i'll keep my format
and write a lovely song

What is it about structure
that manages my soul
I live my life by logic
but that makes my life dull

I tried to break the rules once
I tried to just be "free"
but that "freedom" just restrained me
and made it hard to see

I love a real good challenge
I love to try new things
as long as there is binding
to keep me from my wings

It sounds bad that way, i know;
to restrain a natural bird
but how does one write a novel
without learning a single word

With time and patience i'll soar
it has to be that way
'cause rules and regulation
keep the monster at bay

a chance for perfect flight
keeps me on the ground
because when life's played by the rules
true joy can be found

0 comments:

Post a Comment