Saturday, February 11, 2012

;)

Today I was taking notes in a meeting and found a poem that I wrote a couple months ago (on 12-12-11) . as you know i like to post them on here so they're safe and wont get lost. i'm pretty sure i wrote this because i was mad that i knew i was supposed to break up with my boyfriend but didn't really want to. kind of a strange one, but here it is :)

Born

Born to be a friend
Born to stand alone
I'll be a beacon of myself
and invite others home

Born to teach and lead
Born to learn and grow
I'll find myself a shred of time
and take the time to follow

Born to use my words
Born to find a voice
I need to be the me I am
and make the correct choice

Born to shine my light
Born to freely show
Was who I am predestined?
or made by where I go?

Born to let you down
Born to let you go
Start doing this--I know I can
I'll let my true heart show

told you it was weird...but i must have been thinking a lot about my calling and about going on a mission and about callings that I know I have in life and how it wasn't possible to keep dating that kid and keep going where i needed to go to be who i'm supposed to be. anyways.....

1 comments:

DadJones said...

That reminds me of an old poem that I learned as a boy:

Dare to be a Mormon;
Dare to stand alone.
Dare to have a purpose firm;
Dare to make it known.

Pres Monson Used it in a talk last October conference.

Post a Comment